Although Virtual Private Servers are gaining popularity they are still a source of confusion for some businesses. The main reason for this is the fact that this hosting type is a combination of dedicated server hosting and shared hosting.
Those that do not fully understand the term cannot be sure if VPS hosting will suit their hosting needs. In order to provide some insight here are some pros and cons of virtual private server hosting that should help you decide if VPS is the right choice for your business.
Let’s get to know VPS better…..
What is a virtual private server (VPS)?
A virtual private server uses the virtualization technology to partition the physical server hardware into many virtual servers. This means that a physical server is divided into smaller, virtual parts. The virtual server assigned to you is completely yours and provides you with the complete capacity of a dedicated server at a lower cost. A virtual private server has its own storage system, its own operating system, dedicated RAM and CPU resources.
VPS hosting environment can also be customized according to the requirements of the user. VPS hosting can be called as an intermediate hosting solution between shared hosting and dedicated hosting. Hosting on a virtual private server is an ideal solution for website owners who seek faster page load times, robust service and stability at an affordable price.
Who Uses Virtual Private Servers?
Growing number of customers are choosing VPS as with it they get more control over their environment than with shared hosting. The control is the key reason even for those that do not need all of the resources allocated within a VPS. Those website owners consider the control worth that additional expense.
VPS is also a good choice for those who would like to have a dedicated hosting but are not sure of the technical knowledge it requires. In these cases VPS hosting is a good starting point. Over time they can increase their skill set without committing to a costly dedicated hosting contract.
What Are the Benefits And Advantages Of VPS Hosting?
There are pros and cons to any web hosting type, as each type is suited for a specific list of requirements. Among many advantages that come with hosting your site on a virtual private server we have listed the following:
- VPS costs less than a dedicated server hosting, as it shares the resources of a physical server with other users and they share the expenses.
- Most VPS plans can be customized in line with your needs and therefore saving you the costs for things that you do not want or features you do not require.
- Virtual private servers can scale up easily, which means that you can start with a small environment, gradually increase the resources as your needs grow and not spend the money on excessive resources you are yet to grow into.
- VPS provide you with a lot more control over your server than it is given with shared hosting. VPS hosting gives you root access and allow the use of scripts that are typically not allowed in the shared environment.
- VPS comes with full technical support and system monitoring that can assist you with all hosting issues you might come across.
- VPS do not require technical know how as control panels are simple and easy to use and hosting provider handles all the server maintenance and guarantees the quality of the service.
Are There Cons To VPS Hosting?
In short VPS hosting is an ideal solution as it provides services typically associated with dedicated servers but without the full price of one. However you should be aware of the following:
- VPS is more expensive than shared hosting, and this makes them less desirable for sites that do not require dedicated resources. While it is not as expensive as dedicated, it is also typically a lot more expensive than shared.
- Some VPS hosts do not allocate the resources appropriately which can cause issues as the use of resources peaks. That is why you should choose your VPS host wisely and inquire how many virtual accounts are on the server at one time.
Why should you consider Vinkers Hosting’s VPS Hosting?
Vinkers Hosting provides with the most efficient VPS hosing solutions that are stable and flexible. So why should you consider Vinkers Hosting for VPS hosting?
Vinkers Hosting has a fair amount of experience in the web hosting industry and you can rely on our team for getting your issues sorted at any time.
Vinkers Hosting offers local as well as international payment options so that you can make the payment according to your preference.
What are the addons offered with VPS hosting?
Vinkers Hosting offers impressive addons with VPS hosting packages that make VPS hosting a complete value for money for you. Here is a list of addons offered:
- Additional CPU
- Additional memory
- Additional IP
- Your choice of operating systems : CentOS, Debian, fedora, Ubuntu
- Your choice of control panel : cPanel, Plesk, webuzo
- Auto installer : Softaculous
- Server management
- Website backup
VPS hosting contributes to the growth of your website by providing sufficient resources for the functioning of your website. One of the best aspects about hosting on a virtual private server is that it is available at an economical cost and you can customize it according to your requirements. A VPS can be upgraded easily to support the growing needs of your website. A VPS provides you with a huge pool of resources that gives you more power to do what you like.
Virtual private server hosting is a great midpoint between dedicated and shared hosting. The main advantage of VPS is complete control over your virtual environment, the same that you would have with a dedicated hosting package but for far less.
As for the issues that may be encountered they can easily be combated by choosing a reliable provider that handles VPS correctly. If you find a reliable host and can afford to spend slightly more on your hosting plan than VPS is a great option for you.